BOLT (Breakthrough One-Key Lock Technology) offers security to simplify the workday for drivers of heavy duty work trucks, including International Pro Star, International 4000 Series, International Terra Star, Mitsubishi Raider, Sterling Condor, Volvo VN Series as well as Freightliner Century and Columbia models, the company said.
BOLT locks are designed to allow a single ignition key to be programmed to open any number of BOLT locks, reducing the need for multiple keys, the company said. BOLT locks can be used to secure tools, gear, trailers and other equipment.
According to the company, BOLT locks are permanently programmed the first time the ignition key is inserted into the BOLT lock cylinder, immediately coding the cylinder to that unique key. From then on, only the driver’s ignition key is needed to unlock a padlocked toolbox, unhitch a trailer or remove a ladder from a ladder rack.
“Rugged, weatherproof BOLT locks are manufactured with an electroless nickel-plated carbon steel pin or shaft assembly/shield for strength and durability, and feature an automotive-grade stainless steel lock shutter, a durable, protective rubber shell and a six-plate tumbler sidebar that prevents picking and bumping,” the company said.
The BOLT product line includes:
* The rugged BOLT Padlock is designed to keep anything that can accept a padlock secured in any type of weather, and features a hardened steel shackle inside a durable, protective rubber shell.
* BOLT 5/8″ Receiver Lock, designed to fit Class 3, Class 4 or Class 5 hitch, as well as both a 2″ and 2.5″ square receiver.
* BOLT Coupler Pin Lock, fits 1/2″ to 3 3/8-inch and is adjustable in increments of 1/8-inch allowing for a snug fit in any size.
* BOLT Cable Locks, made from six-foot by 1/4-inch vinyl-coated coiled cable, feature an automotive-grade lock shutter that keeps out weather and debris.
* The BOLT Toolbox Latch Retrofit Kit, which allows a toolbox cylinder retrofit for DeeZee, UWS and other leading toolbox brands to protect and secure tools.
Heavy trucks compatible with BOLT locks include:
Freightliner – 1997-2015
International – 2006-2015
Mitsubishi Raider – 2006-2009
Sterling – 1990 – 2013
Volvo VN Series – 2005-2013