The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration announced its electronic logging device Implementation National Tour – a public education and outreach campaign geared towards helping commercial motor vehicle drivers transition to ELDs.
In several cities across the country, FMCSA subject matter experts will lead driver-focused presentations and panel discussions on ELD implementation.
As required by law, all carriers subject to the ELD Rule must convert from paper logs or logging software to a registered ELD if they do not have an Automatic On-Board Recording Device by December 18, 2017.
FMCSA agency staff will answer questions, provide consumer-friendly resources and materials, and review drivers’ and carriers’ responsibilities at their interactive exhibit booth.
FMCSA’s ELD Implementation National Tour dates and locations are as follows:
• July 13-15 – Iowa 80 Truckstop Jamboree (Walcott, Iowa)
• August 24-26 – Great American Trucking Show (Dallas, Texas)
• September 25-27 – North American Commercial Vehicle Show (Atlanta,
• October 14-15 – California Trucking Show (Ontario, California)
• October 21-24 – Associations Management Conference & Exhibition (Orlando, Florida)
• November 6-8 – Women in Trucking Accelerate! Conference & Expo
• (Kansas City, Missouri)
For more information about electronic logging devices, including the ELD Rule, frequently asked questions, and other resources, please visit their website at www.fmcsa.dot.gov/ELD.