The new line of Bosch batteries was developed to withstand the extreme conditions that are unique to heavy-duty vehicles, including extended idling and severe temperatures.
To meet the specific needs of commercial vehicle owners and fleet operators, the Bosch Heavy Duty Battery line includes the Bosch T6 Battery with AGM (absorbent glass mat) technology, the Bosch T5 Dual Purpose Battery and the Bosch T4 Battery. According to the company, these batteries provide coverage for over-the-road and local delivery trucks, fire-fighting vehicles, coaches and buses, and municipal vehicles.
“Delivering the latest technology to meet the increased demands of today’s commercial vehicles, the Bosch T6 battery with AGM technology offers a dependable power source for a large number of applications,” according to the company. “Absorbent glass mat technology is among the newest innovations in battery design and construction. It incorporates special microfiber glass mats that absorb battery acid to protect the battery plates. The plates and glass mats are tightly arranged with an optimal level of compression to ensure premium performance and reinforced durability.”
According to the company, benefits of the T6 batteries include:
• Long service life and doubled deep-cycle resistance compared to conventional batteries
• Better vibration resistance
• “Superior” performance under extreme climates
• “Excellent” charge acceptance and starting power for vehicles with the highest electronic demands
• Maintenance-free operation
• Two-year free replacement warranty
The company also said: “With substantial power reserves and full frame technology, the Bosch T5 and T4 Heavy Duty Batteries deliver optimum current flow and ensure a long service life.”
“Both batteries feature faster re-charging capabilities compared to conventional batteries, flushed tops for minimized risk of acid leakage, maintenance-free operation, and an 18-month free replacement warranty,” the company added.
According to the company, benefits of the T5 include:
• Extended service life and deep-cycle resistance compared to conventional batteries
• High starting power: reliable starting even after extended idle times
• Dual purpose functionality that provides reliable power supply for all electronic demand, even with the engine shut off
The company added that benefits of the Bosch T4 include:
• Long service life and improved deep-cycle resistance compared to conventional batteries
High starting power: reliable starting even after extended idle times